- Some states will have more more seats in the House of Representatives - some will have less
- The Electoral College for the election of the President changes - again giving more "Electoral College Votes" to some - and less to others
- Texas +4
- Florida +2
- Arizona : Georgia : Nevada : South Carolina : Utah : Washington - all +1
- New York : Ohio : each -2
- Illinois : Iowa : Louisiana : Massachusetts : Michigan : Missouri : New Jersey : Pennsylvania - all -1
Of further concern to the Democrats is that as a result of the 2010 state elections - more of the redistricting within the States will be in Republican hands - which could significantly affect the makeup of the House of Representatives.
The details of the census data can be accessed here.