Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Thursday 10 June 2021

The Story of Wales

I am absolutely fascinated by Welsh History. I was born in Coventry, England - but both my parents were from South Wales (Betws, Ammanford & Seven Sisters, in what was Glamorgan, but is now in the Neath-Port Talbot Area - one of tthe principal areas, in effect the 'county') and as a child I was introduced to some Welsh history (my mother subsequently became a history teacher at the secondary school I attended - after I'd left). In recent months I have really taken to Welsh archaeology and history with vigour. If you are a BBC licence holder (sadly this is not available outside the UK) - there is an excellent series, presented by Huw Edwards - based on a book by Jon Gower. I rewatch the series regularly - and use the book to complement my other reading.

The series is available (UK only) by clicking this link - The Story of Wales

The book (available to all!) can be purchased by clicking this link