Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Monday 11 January 2010

My Favourite Starbucks

Between Coventry, Leicester & Milton Keynes there is no branch of Starbucks. As a recent resident of Northampton and Rugby, that is a fact I deeply regretted, and has led me to appreciate the coffee shops more.

I am particularly fond of certain Starbucks. I enjoyed reading or surfing the net in the Starbucks in the Milton Keynes branch of Borders, which sadly closed last month. When at home I will walk, cycle or drive to the Hub, Milton Keynes - where the staff are particularly friendly. At the moment I am enjoying visits to my favourite, the Starbucks at 237 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington SE - a couple of blocks to the east of the Capitol Building. There are two floors, the upper one of which has a gas fire in the style of an old coal fire. On Friday I did quite a bit of reading and writing in a comfy chair whilst drinking my favourite drink, Caramel Macchiato. The walls are adorned with old photographs of Capitol Hill.

Details of the coffee shop can be found here. On Thursday I had an especial treat, visiting the greatest coffee shop in the world - St Elmo's, Del Ray, Alexandria.