Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Wednesday 4 November 2009

Flying - with less hassle

I've already booked my next flight to Washington DC. As usual I will be avoiding travelling through the centre of London and Heathrow Airport. My preferred airport is Birmingham International. There are good rail links from Milton Keynes (and most other places in the UK) as well as being at the centre of the UK's motorway system. I was told by an American friend that the airport should stress that while the rail station is not technically part of the airport - it is in fact much closer than many airport's train stations. The Air-Rail link takes less than 2 minutes from the station to the terminal.

As yet there is no direct flight between BHX and any of the Washington airports. Continental fly to Newark (CO 27 to USA; CO 26 from USA) , where there are connecting flights to Dulles and National Airports. My favoured alternative is to fly from Birmingham to a continental European Airport (Schiphol, Amsterdam; Paris or Frankfurt).