Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Saturday 2 July 2011

Starbucks

I increasingly find Starbucks to be an excellent place to work. I love coffee (personal favourites at the moment - Pike Place Roast; Mocha Light Frappuccino) and there is usually a pleasant atmosphere with good music playing in the background. So, I frequent a number of Starbucks armed only with a book, highlighter, pen and paper - or my iPad.

1912 Pike Place is where the original Starbucks branch relocated to in the mid 1970s. I've never been to Seattle (and would love to be there for the APSA Conference in September, but it's a bit far [4752 miles]) - but if I ever get there, I'll be making for the Starbucks in Pike Place.

I follow the tweets of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, now Chair of the DNC - but a very impressive whip in the House of Representatives.(I'm researching whips in Congress and Parliament) - and this week she posted this photo of herself visiting the store