Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Monday 22 October 2012

The week begins...

Sunday was a day for reading the papers - looking at campaign literature which had been received by my hosts (if ever I hear a complaint from an English voter about the amount of leaflets, letters and phone calls received in the run up to an election - I can tell them they don't know they're born - here it's a deluge!!!) and catching up with friends. We also went to Leesburg (took a lot longer than expected - with major traffic hold-ups), but worth it - it's a lovely historic town and a super lunch was had.

I'm about to get out of bed - it's just gone 5-00am - and I'm being driven to Huntington Metro Station - the far end of the yellow line. I'll get off at King Street in Alexandria & visit a few coffee shops before turning up at the Alexandria Democratic Committee's offices. It's the Campaign HQ for Jim Moran, the Congressman for Virginia's 8th (Congressional) District. The local elections - for Alexandria's City Council are also being run from there. On my way in I will have passed the office in Huntington where the three campaigns - for Obama; for Tim Kaine (running for US Senate) and Jim Moran are being run for the area. I'll be there later in the week.

So - I shall get ready, and will post again later. If you have any questions, either put them as a comment or email me on jdavidmorgan@googlemail.com