Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Thursday 16 July 2009

A break - but some bad news

Washminster will be taking a short break, but will return towards the end of the month - and, as with last summer, I have some history to share with you while Parliament and Congress are on summer break.

The bad, and sad, news is that the Trover bookshop is to close at the end of the month. It is a political (though it sold a much wider range of books and magazines too) bookshop on Capitol Hill where I always spend many happy hours (and not a few dollars!) when I'm visiting DC. There were frequent book signings. I'm not sure what the origin of the name was - but I regarded it as a true 'treasure trove' where I found many books which now sit in my library in Milton Keynes, England.

I for one will miss the shop - and its friendly and helpful staff. If you are in the DC area - don't miss the opportunity to pop in one last time.

http://www.trover.com/