Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Saturday 20 September 2008

Saturday Evening

I returned to the centre of Manchester, and the conference centre, just as the question and answer session with the Prime Minister; Chancellor of the Exchequer; Business Secretary and Deputy Leader was drawing to a close. Delegates I spoke to thought that the Prime Minister had enjoyed a good day.

The evening was taken up with a series of social events - and I had the opportunity to chat to a number of old and new friends. At the TULO [http://www.unionstogether.org.uk] reception I met the Prime Minister as he entered the marquee. Other evnts I attended were the delegates' reception; the Co-operative Group party and an event organised to highlight the issue of child poverty. Afterwards colleagues from the constituency I fought in 2001 and 2005, plus their new candidate, Sally Gimson and I went for a meal in the Chinese quarter of Manchester.