Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Saturday 20 September 2008

BritBowl XXII

This weekend there will be a feast of American Football at the Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster. The British season runs through the Spring and Summer - and this is the climax. As I am in Manchester for the Labour Party Conference, I won't be able to go (last year I did manage to get to BritBowl) - but I have been promised regular updates from friends who will be in the Keepmoat Stadium.

BAFL have a website with all the details of the weekends games. http://www.bafl.org.uk/artman2/publish/BritBowl_46/index.asp and scores will be posted there. I recommend a visit - even if you can't get to Doncaster.

The weekend will conclude with the BritBowl XXII game itself between the Coventry (Cassidy) Jets and the London Blitz. These two teams met in last year's final - though as a Jets fan, I'm hoping the outcome will be different. I'm sure it's going to be a great game - but good luck Jets!!!

The teams websites are