Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Tuesday 16 September 2008

An interesting (and busy) time


The news in the UK has been dominated by rumours about the continued leadership of the Labour Party by Prime Minister, Gordon Brown. [oh, and the financial turmoil that has followed the collapse of Lehman Brothers]. The Labour Party's ruling National Executive Committee will discuss today whether to issue leadership nomination papers - as requested by (a handful) of Labour MPs. The real excitement will come this weekend and next week as the Labour Party holds its conference in Manchester.
I will be at the conference - and (in the early hours of the morning, no doubt) will be posting my observations. But before that I need to complete my marking for the Open University; prepare for a revision day for the OU's 'Individual and the State' law course (W201 in their Law Degree [LL.B.] programme) on Saturday - and prepare for conference. As a result there will be fewer postings this week. Please do keep coming back - but I may not make my target of a post each day until Friday.
But from Friday onwards - join me for a front row seat at the Labour Party Conference.