Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Saturday 26 September 2009

Learning About Congress

It's a few days since I posted about the US Congress - which is not to say that I'm not following events (so much happening - and Roll Call; The Hill & Washington Post are so useful - as is the blog "Congress Matters"). I'm also reading Senator Kennedy's "True Compass".

I have found the "Considered Forthwith" series by "Casual Wednesday" so useful in my reading about Congressional Committees. I have mentioned the series previously, but clearly the writer is continuing the research and writing - and I heartily recommend it.

For students of American Politics there are a number of books I would recommend. CQ Press publishes some excellent books - of which my personal favourites are Davidson, Oleszek & Lees' Congress and its Members and Dodd & Oppenheimer's Congress Reconsidered. Oxford University Press publishes Quirk & Binder's The Legislative Branchand Cambridge University Press The American Congress Reader.