Washminster returns after its short break. During the next few months, amongst other things, this blog will enhance its coverage of matters procedural. So to get things off to a start the video below shows the first day of business in the House of Representatives.
A CRS Report explains what happens on the first day.
The key events are
* Election of the Speaker
* Swearing in of Members
* Announcement of Party Leaders
* Election of Officers (non-members)
* Notification to the Senate and to the President
* Adoption of House Rules of Procedure
* Adoption of a Daily Meeting Time for the House
* Committee Organization
* Other announcements are made and resolutions passed
sdfjkhsdfhs djkfhsdjkfhsjk hdfsjkdh fsjkd
1 week ago