Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Friday 21 January 2011

Friday Morning

Thankfully the threatened snow didn't hit Washington DC overnight. However temperatures are predicted to fall this weekend - so my sponsored walk (to raise funds for my election campaign in Milton Keynes in May) won't be happening this weekend!

Yesterday I spent some more time in the Library of Congress reading through the Washington Posts of late 1974 and early 1975. This is for research into congressional "history" (I don't like to think of the time I can remember as "history" - it's just "early current affairs"!). It was interesting to come across reports of what was happening in England - we had a government with a razor thin majority.

The big news from London yesterday has not merited the attention of the TV news in Washington. Thanks to the internet I have been able to update myself via the Guardian; Independent, BBC News & Sky (and that all on my iPhone by the bed).

Today I'm turning from scholar to tourist - at least during the daylight hours.