Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Friday 9 July 2010

Times Guide to the House of Commons

I bought my first "Times Guide..." in 1975 in Hull, where the price of the October 1974 Guide had been reduced. I've been hooked ever since - and have even acquired some pre-1974 guides. As well as including biographical details of MPs - Election results are given in detail (with calculations done to provide information about swing and majorities. There is an analysis section (what a joy for nerds like me!) and written articles about the previous parliament and the election itself.

My biggest disappointment was that after the 1997 Guide (in other words for 2001 when I was first a candidate), they dropped the biographical details of defeated candidates!

My copy is on its way - for further details visit the website.